Whether you're building a new home and considering various driveway configurations or resurfacing an existing driveway, the design you choose can add a great deal of curb appeal and property value to your home or business. A little creativity goes a long way, and with that in mind, here are some ideas for driveway designs that can add character to your property:
- Circular driveways. Rounded and circular driveway designs are elegant as well as practical. They improve accessibility and help segment the space in front of your home or business, making property and lawn maintenance easier while giving you additional landscaping options.
- Driveway aprons. If you have a straight driveway leading onto the property from the road, you can add a decorative driveway apron that guides residents and guests towards a garage or parking area. Aprons are also ideal for houses where additional parking is needed for a second vehicle, allowing residents to come and go without needing to move the other car out of the way.
- Branched driveways. Like driveway aprons, branched driveways are ideal for multi-vehicle homes and businesses. They allow for separate car parking away from the street while making efficient and eye-catching use of outdoor space.
In terms of the actual surfacing, you can turn simple asphalt into a stunning arrangement that complements your property nicely:
- Stamps and patterns. Both symmetrical and abstract stamping and patterning driveway designs can elevate simple asphalt into a thing of beauty.
- Colored asphalt. Specially colored asphalt creates a unique complement to your home or business, lending unity to the overall appearance of the property.
You can also use similar techniques to give concrete a more unique and textured look, and interlocking brick, while more expensive, is also one of the most striking and beautiful driveway finishing options on the market.