Whether your project includes driveway, highway, parking lot, activity area paving needs or more, choosing a quality asphalt paving company both for commercial and residential projects should include some research on service providers as well as recommendations from trusted sources, third party reviews and references. It’s important to take multiple sources of information and recommendations into consideration when making your final choice. Along with opinions shared and found through your research, the quality of paving materials and products to be used should be a factor considered when making a decision. If you are looking for a professional paving contractor with expert engineers, here are a few qualities you should consider:
- Price: Competitive pricing is an important factor when choosing an asphalt paving contractor and representatives should offer to provide a complimentary site visit and quote. Considerations in regard to price should include quality of equipment, type of asphalt mixture, complexity of the project area, municipal ordinances, removal of existing surfaces, environmental factors and recycling options.
- Reviews: A reputable asphalt paving company will openly share customer reviews and / or a Better Business Bureau rating. Oftentimes, a company’s reviews or case study examples will be shared on their website to be viewed by new and prospective companies or individuals. In some cases, an asphalt paving company will recommend a new customer visit a project site that is in production or recently completed.
- Years of experience & project history: Leaning on the knowledge of an experienced asphalt paving representative will help you make good choices for your property as well as save you money. Representatives that are able to communicate in a clear and informed way, while providing good examples of challenging projects and solutions they have provided for other customers, are likely to be the best partners for your project.
- Licensed and insured: There should be no resistance by your asphalt paving contractor to provide documentation showing that they are licensed and insured. This documentation not only provides protection for their representatives and equipment, it provides protection for you and your property as well.
- Warranty: A good contractor should stand by their work and make customer satisfaction a priority. While not always offered or limited, asking for a project warranty (workmanship & materials) will guarantee that the project is completed to industry standards and the unique needs of your property (as agreed upon at the start of the project). Most company warranties are different based on project circumstances – so be sure to have all information in writing before the start of your project. Installation experts should also provide tips to help you extend the life of your newly paved or seal-coated surface.
More so than web research, calling a prospective contractor can provide you with what is needed to make an informed decision for your residential or commercial paving project. Speaking directly with asphalt engineers and installation experts can give you security in knowing that you are embarking on your project with confidence. Many companies offer a “contact us” form on their website which provides the necessary information to the contractor who should then respond back in a prompt manner.
Do you have an upcoming residential or commercial asphalt paving project and if so, what challenges are you faced with when choosing an experienced paving contractor?