Spring and summer in Wisconsin the most popular time to buy or sell a home. When you are getting your home ready to list, one of the first things you need to consider is the curb appeal. If your home appeals to buyers from the minute they turn down your street, you will be ready for a quick (and profitable) sale.
Here are five reasons to consider a new residential asphalt driveway as a way to improve the curb appeal of your home:
- Cost: A residential asphalt driveway is more affordable to install than concrete, and is better able to handle the extreme temperature fluctuations that affect us here in the Milwaukee, Waukesha and Madison areas. This is because asphalt is a petroleum product, and is therefore more flexible. A properly installed asphalt driveway will be as durable as a concrete surface, but at a lower cost.
- Long Lifespan: If you complete the recommended preventative maintenance, your residential asphalt driveway will last anywhere from 12 – 35 years depending on installation, climate and usage. This long lifespan makes asphalt driveway installation a great investment. Like most elements of your home, the better you take care of it, the longer it will last.
- Easy Installation: An asphalt driveway is easy to install. It can usually be laid in one or two days, and ready for use in only another day or two. Concrete typically takes twice as long to lay, and takes up to a week to cure before it can be used.
- Simple, Affordable Maintenance: Once your new driveway is installed, proper maintenance is required to keep it in good condition, but luckily it is also quite easy. Cracks should be sealed as soon as possible using asphalt sealants, and sealcoating should take place every 3-5 years to maintain the best look and function for your driveway. At least six to nine months should pass after installation before sealant is used.
- Safer Winter Walking: One of the only limitations to an asphalt driveway is that black is the only color option. This dark color comes with a significant benefit, though. During the long Wisconsin winter, ice and snow will melt quickly, leading to easier snow removal and a safer walking surface.
Additional Asphalt Driveway Resources that may interest you:
Residential asphalt driveway installation is an easy way to curb appeal and convenience for Midwest homeowners - and home sellers. The price, durability, easy installation and maintenance, and the ability to melt snow quickly in the winter are all positive qualities to consider when making your choice between residential driveway surface options.
If you have any questions about the benefits of asphalt paving or are interested in a free paving estimate, please contact us today.
With 75 years of asphalt paving experience, from highways to driveways, we are your local source for all of your asphalt paving needs. Wolf Paving offers professional paving services from Milwaukee to Madison, and everywhere in between, including all areas around: Sun Prairie, Oconomowoc and Waukesha.
It’s never too early or too late to request a free paving estimate. Call Wolf Paving today. For the Milwaukee area, call us at 262-965-2121. For the Madison area, call us at 608-249-7931.